CMM Green Newsletter dated March 31th, 2009
Time is flying and I have been in LinkedIn since last September. This month newsletter I like to share my entire network and viewers about my experiences with LinkedIn; welcome you to share yours with me. Is LinkedIn a social network or a business network? Well, it depends on how your network reacted to you. I did have few good friends that I met via LinkedIn, but it is rare. LinkedIn is mostly for business network. Few of my closer network did know about how Kim, a female PE in FL met via LinkedIn last October, because of her job lead that my husband got his job. She becomes my first closer connection and a very good friend and hopefully we will meet someday soon. If you want to grow your network in LinkedIn, you will need to join various groups to watch the discussion topics that might be interested in you. If you want to find some business connection, you could also look up their profiles first. I find most people are friendly to connect with you if you send out an invitation. Somehow if you are doing business in LinkedIn, you need to make sure to sign the contract first before you begin to share the information. It is the best way to begin with rather than later confused about its network. Even network is not a charity, because business is always looking for a profit fit first. I did make that mistake in the beginning so it is an experience to learn from in a hard way. Our city group has one in SF just joining local group called Burn Green hosted by Elizabeth; they are really a great network for green sector in SF area. In addition, our Chicago group also has a meet up on March 25th and 27th for another event. It was a wonderful network connection for our Chicago area. Thanks for our hostess, Carolyn had done a great job and we appreciated Chuck for its company Bank of America project came from DC to join her daughter, Lena’s Chicago event also is able to connect with our Chicago group. Especially appreciated Brian, LA LEED AP from Simon Roofing Company is able to join our Chicago event during his LEED lecture and Vald from MA to join us as well. Moreover, Our Belize project team leader, Tim is just back from Belize and he will share with us more about business opportunity in our coming international internet conference for LEED & Urban development. Our water project had such a great break through for a wonderful presentation with Tim’s group and hopefully they will sign up contract for further partnership. Moreover, it might open up a new marketing in Asian and wait for assigned NDA. My personal experience about hosting a great network party is to call ahead. Since Last December we had our first NYC group meet up; over 30 people applied and 20 people said they are coming and only 5 people showed up. Our PA group was forced to cancel the last minuets and our LA group meet up was not very successful and only one person showing up. Even though our GA group only has 4 people showed up; but it was connected a business partnership bonding later. The most effective networking is about to set up a meet up event. In the beginning, you want to get to know one another and brainstorming and sharing ideas. I hope our next city groups meet up for LA and PA would be much more successful. There are few new projects coming up will give more detail later. I hope to connect with more people in LinkedIn or around the world. Welcome you to join our city group network.
City group meet up & green events;
SF; March 16 hosted by Burn Green group
Chicago; March 25th, 27th hosted by Carolyn & Lena
LA; April 30 hosted by Brian
PA; TBD hosted by John
Coming up meet up cities; DC, SF. OH, FL, etc.
International Internet Conference for LEED & Urban Development Friday afternoon after Eastern (invitation only)
1. LEED AP team leader selected and he will contact LEED AP team for phone conferences. Wait for update.
2. Belize wind energy team; Tim is back from Belize and they are undergoing few meetings for the project details.
3. Water treatment marketing TBD for Asian market.
4. School Fundraise event for next school year and we are looking for green school supply vendor to join in.
5. All city groups in green sector are asking your involvement with local school k-5 for green education and with E-gov. We will set up an internet conference to discuss how to network with.
6. Create a local business directory and it will be showing via a member group website for private access only.
7. International Internet Conference for LEED & Urban development Friday afternoon after Eastern for invitation only will send out a week notice.
8. Federal Marketing for Design & Build project; we are looking for a GC size of 50-100M bonding to cooperate with our new project resources. Welcome to send in your company website if you are interested in.
9. Green book resources from D2-D16 for all green building material references; you would need to send in your product information included ASTM testing and project references. (We currently do not accept any residential products.) There is no fee for adding into my green book; once your product has been selected by our design team, we will contact you. Please see my business proposal for more detail.
10. Security Federal contract team; we are looking for any security related to JV for the security contract.
11. SBA service; 8 (a) service marketing research needed database for volunteer to share your time line for the application process.
12. Network with other industry; I find insurance agent in NC is more likely open network to their own industry. I will try to develop few projects to work with them later.
My business proposal;
These few months I have been crossing lots of opportunities and at the same time I am able to connect some of you with your possible new business partnership. I have decided to make this business proposal more profitable for both of us. Here is my sum of fee requirement and a possible return investment to your company as well. Let me know if you are interested in, I will send you a contract to sign and let’s get the business going. My HR fee is 1-2% and my project fee is 3-6% and my funding resources (find you an investor) is 10%; my other types of marketing service fee will be determined later. Half % of each fee will be part of your company investment that I put into, but I can take back any time without any further negotiating or prior notice. By signing this agreement that I am only working as an independent contractor with you, you may review all detail in my contract. The agreement is based on protecting our trusty business relationship and grow our business profit, if you are agreed, please reply me so I will send along with my service contract with you. Thanks for your continuing business relation and I am looking forward to see our success in the future.
If you are interested in any of our project, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Independent International Construction Management E-Marketing Consultant
【EPSON】 LQ-680c 感謝 華簾窗飾有限公司 紙張捲再一起 貼紙 異物 無法列印 印表機維修紀錄
◎印表機維修紀錄◎ (一)印表機廠牌 : EPSON 台灣 愛普森 (二)印表機型號 : 1.原廠點陣印表機 : LQ 系列：...10 小時前