【在生活中學習語言】Be Crabby About Something 易怒
Be Crabby About Something 易怒
對話
Cecilia:Hi, Stephanie. What are you doing?
西西莉亞:哈囉,史蒂芬妮,妳在幹嘛?
Stephanie:Hey, how about you go ask someone else your nosey questions, okay?
史蒂芬妮:嘿,妳把這種愛管閒事的問題拿去問別人好嗎?
Cecilia:Whoa! What are you so crabby about?
西西莉亞:哇,妳在生什麼氣啊?
Stephanie:I'm sorry. I've been in a bad mood all day.
史蒂芬妮:對不起啦,我一整天心情都不好。
Cecilia:What's going on?
西西莉亞:發生了什麼事?
Stephanie:I broke up with Dave the other day.
史蒂芬妮:我幾天前和大衛分手了。
Cecilia:Oh, no. I'm sorry,
西西莉亞:噢,不會吧。我很遺憾。
Stephanie:Yeah, well. I guess it wasn't meant to be.
史蒂芬妮:哎呀,我想本來不該是這樣。
Cecilia:Yeah. Um, so how's Dave doing?
西西莉亞:對呀,呃……,那大衛最近過得如何?
Stephanie:I don't know. I haven't talked to him.
史蒂芬妮:我不知。我最近沒和他說話。
Cecilia:Well, I was wondering... since you guys broke up... would you mind if Dave and I....
西西莉亞:呃,我在想,既然你們倆已經分手了,妳是否會介意大衛和我……
Stephanie:Get out!
史蒂芬妮:妳給我滾!
延伸學習
俚語精解
be crabby about something
crab是「螃蟹」,螃蟹發現有生命危險會變得有攻擊性。因此,crabby 被引申為「易怒的」。此外 grumpy, cranky, cross也可表示同樣的意思。
關鍵字詞
How about + N/V-ing …… 你覺得如何?(用以表示建議)
= What about + N/V-ing
例: A: How about going to the movies after work today?
(A:今天下班去看電影如何?)
B: I'm sorry. I already have plans.
(B:抱歉。我已有了別的計畫。)
noseya. 愛管閒事的(= nosy)
例: Don't be so nosey. It's none of your business.
(別愛管閒事。這又不關你的事。)
go on發生
例: What's going on here?
(這裡發生了什麼事?)
meanvt. 注定(常用於被動語態)
例:Frank and Victoria are meant for each other.
(法蘭克和維多利亞注定要在一起。)
想重溫
本版文章結集及生活美語線上教學短片請瀏覽abc.1-apple.com.tw
WWW.IVY.COM.TW提供
上一篇:【在生活中學習語言】《中英對照讀新聞》Genes ’play key happiness role’基因「扮演幸福的關鍵
下一篇:【在生活中學習語言】《中英對照讀新聞》 Donkey takes final bow at ballet troupe