2010-10-02 09:46:18男孩.形塑

婚姻也會中風

中英口譯課練習題材-2010/09/27

 

婚姻也會中風

The marriage and the stroke

 

一男子患了中風,左邊的身子不能動了,心裏十分痛苦。

A man had a stroke. He couldn’t move his left body and he’s unhappy.
親友們去安慰他。
His friends and family comforted him.
他說,我不害怕我的病治不好,我擔心我的妻子留不住。
But he said “I’m not afraid of not getting better. I’m worried about my wife would leave me.”
沒過多久,他的妻子果然離開了他。
Not for long, his wife left him as presumed.
親友們罵那位女人薄情。
His friends blamed the wife on being cold.
男子說,不要責備她,是我不好。
The man said”Do not blame on her, it’s all my fault. ”
接著,他懺悔道:
Then, he repented:
她做飯忙不過來的時候,我坐在電視前無動於衷

 When she was busy at cook, I just sat in from of the TV like a couch potato.

她生病需要去醫院的時候,我以工作忙讓她一人前往
When she was sick and needed to go to the doctor, I made her go alone for busy working.
她買了件衣服,滿心歡喜地問我怎麼樣時,我的眼睛甚至都不瞟上一瞟;
When she bought a dress, asked about my opinion, I didn’t even give a look on her.
她需要我陪伴的時候,我為了贏得上司的青睞,在辦公室陪他們打撲克直至深夜
When she needed my accompany, I played cards with my boss till deep of the night to make the boss happy.
她生日到來的時候,如果沒有她的提醒,我總是到第二天才猛然想起。
Without her reminding, I couldn’t recall it’ s her birthday until the second day.
我們的婚姻早就因為我的這些行為而中風,
Our marriage was paralyzed already for my deeds.

只是我原來沒有感覺到。
I just didn’t feel it.
現在我左邊的身子不能動了,我一下子感覺到了。
I could’t feel it till I’m paralyzed now.

 

 

後來,有人把這些話說給了男人的妻子,男人的妻子非常感動。
After that, someone told these words to the wife, she was touched very much.
說,既然他這麼說,我也就回去吧。
She said”If he says so, I shall return to him.”
在女人的精心照料下,男人漸漸康復。
Under the loving care of the wife, the man got better and better.
有一次,他們一起在黃昏中散步,女人問,

Once, when they walked in the evening, the wife asked him
怎麼會想起婚姻也會中風這樣的事來?
What made you think the marriage would be paralyzed?
男人說,當我的右手因蚊子叮咬而奇癢的時候,我的左手一點反應都沒有,假若我沒有中風,會出現這樣的情況嗎?
The man said”When my right hand itches caused of a mosquito bitten, my left hand did nothing. If I had no stroke, would this happen?”
過去,你那麼辛苦,而我卻一點都不去分擔,我想,這就是婚姻中風了。
In the past you worked so hard, and I did not share your burden. I realized the marriage is paralyzed.
現在,他們已成為一對恩愛夫妻,因為通過那場病,男人發現了一套新的婚姻理論:夫妻應該像左右手一樣。
Nowadays, they’ve became a loving couple for that disease and the man realizes a new marriage principle-Husband and wife shall be as the left and right hand.

 

左手提東西累了,不用開口,右手就會接過來

 When the left one is tired of carrying stuff, the right hand takes over without asking.

右手受了傷,也不用著呼喊和請求,左手就會伸過去。
When right hand is injured, the left one would stretch without words.
假如一個人的左手很癢,右手卻伸不過來,這個人的身體一定是中風了,或是癱瘓了。
The man must be paralyzed when he couldn’t stretch right hand to the itched left hand.
婚姻愛情的身軀,假若一方不能主動地去關懷對方,久而久之,隨著不良狀況的加劇,也會中風癱瘓。

The marriage is like the body. If one could not care each other. Not for long, the bad situation gets worse and worse. The marriage would be paralyzed.

 

 

上一篇:如往常的一日

下一篇:迎向未知