2012-11-02 05:48:25閒閒老青蛙

The Lieutenant's Creed --少尉的信條

        前陣子在網路上看到一篇根據美國海軍陸戰隊Rifleman's Creed改編的文章,這篇文至少流傳有十年之久,原作者目前不可考(其實是我搜尋功力欠佳找不到啦!)。當初看到這篇簡直快笑破肚皮了(對Generation Kill slash有研究的應該都會笑吧:P),忍不住手癢用我自己的話來翻譯一下。

(照慣例再囉嗦一次:所謂"用自己的話"就表示我不會逐字逐句乖乖翻,一定會有加油添醋或翻錯之處Orz,請多多指教。)

 

The Lieutenant's Creed 文章來源

This is my Sergeant. There are many like him, but this one is mine.

這是我的中士,有許多和他一樣的中士,但只有這隻是我的。

My Sergeant is my best friend. He is my life. I must obey him as I obey my wife.

我的中士是我最好的朋友。他是我的生命,我必須像聽老婆的話一樣聽他的。

My Sergeant without me is lucky. Without my Sergeant I am useless.

少了我,我的中士運氣會變好;少了我的中士,我沒用到不知如何是好。

My Sergeant must shoot straighter than my Lance Corporals who are trying to kill me

我的中士的槍法必須快狠準,至少要比那群試圖放我冷槍、殺掉我的上兵準,

He must shoot them before they shoot me.

他必須在他們解決掉我之前先解決掉他們。

He might...

My Sergeant knows that what counts in war is not the orders I give,

我的中士知道在戰爭中不是我的命令說了算,

the noise from my suck,

也不是我擺爛所引發的雜音說了算,

nor the smoke that comes out of my ass.

更不是拍拍馬屁就能說了算,

He knows it is only the enlisted ranks that count.

一切只有他或階級比他高的士官說了才算

He knows...

My Sergeant is superhuman, even as I am not. Thus I will follow him.

我的中士是個超人,正如我不是個超人,因此我將跟隨他。

I will learn my weaknesses, my strengths--if any.

我會記取我的軟弱,我的優勢(假如那種東西確實存在的話)。

I will guard him against the ravages of captains and higher.

我會保護他免於上尉和其他更高階軍官的蹂躪

I will keep my Sergeant informed and in charge, even though I'm neither.

我會保持我的中士訊息暢通並且主導當家,即使這兩樣我都無能為力 

I will forever emulate him.

我會永遠向他看齊

I will...

Before God I swear this creed.

在上帝面前我許下這信條

 My Sergeant is the defender of my country.He is the master of my enemy.

我的中士是國家的捍衛者,是我敵人的征服者

 He is the savior of my life. I think I love him....... SO BE IT.

他是我生命的救世主,我想我愛他...就這樣!

UNTIL THERE ARE NO OFFICERS, BUT ENLISTED, FOREVER MORE.

除非軍官們全死光光,只剩下士兵,否則這信條永遠有效

AMEN!

阿門!

 

附上電影 " 金甲部隊 " 中 Rifleman's Creed那一段。基本上,"Every marine is a rifleman",所以只要身為美國海軍陸戰隊的一份子,就得會背Rifleman's Creed。